What does the System Do?
- Operator selects package format from a recipe selection on HMI to switch between Multi-Pack and Doob Tube loading
- Pre-Rolls are manually bulk / crowd fed on to the PRMDL’s pre-roll in-feed conveyor
- Multi-Pack package or Single Doob Tube are manually fed on to the PRMDL’s package in-feed conveyor in an open position
- A vision guided multi axis robot locates each unique pre-roll determining position and orientation
- The robot descends contacting the pre-roll and secures it with a vacuum cup end effector
- The secured pre-roll is lifted from the conveyor and then placed in to the position registered multipack or doob tube (rotated to create a nesting pattern if needed for multi-pack)
- Optional closing mechanism will automatically close pop top/hinged style tubes and a variety of multi-packs (hinged, slide on CR lid) using pneumatic cylinder
How Fast Does it Run?
The PRMDL-40 is capable of cycling at 50 picks & places per minute. Most multipack configurations are managed at 35-45 picks & places per minute.
The exact rate for both multi-pack and single doob tube packages are determined after reviewing your specific application and package details
How Many Operators Does the Line Need to Operate?
Two (2) low-skilled operators are required to bulk feed pre-rolls and multipack packaging. A third operator is required to handle loaded multipacks that discharged from the system
What’s Included? – Complete System
- Direct Link Inclined Conveyor (if required)
- Integrated Sanitary Bulk Feed Elevation Conveyor (receives bulk pre-rolls and feeds automatically to ‘AnyFeeder Position Surface’)
- Any Feeder System (oscillates to ‘singulate’ pre-rolls for proper vision system locating)
- Integrated Stainless Steel Multi-Pack AND Tube package in-feed / discharge conveyor designed with adjustable flights to hold the package in place
- OMRON or KUKA pick and place robotics
- Optional Bulk Feed Product Hopper and Loading Conveyor
- UL and cUL Electrical Conformance / Interlock Safety Guarding (Ontario PHSR conformance)